Game 5 Trends
* When a best-of-seven is tied 2-2, the winner of Game 5 holds an all-time series record of 223-61 (.785), including a 4-3 (.571) mark in the 2022 Stanley Cup Playoffs and a 49-15 (.766) clip in the round before the Stanley Cup Final.
* Teams with a 3-2 lead in a best-of-seven hold an all-time series record of 337-92 (.786), including a 5-4 (.556) mark in the 2022 Stanley Cup Playoffs and a 70-16 (.814) clip in the round before the Stanley Cup Final.
Game 5 record in a best-of-seven: 28-39 (.418) overall, 11-10 (.524) at home
Tied 2-2 in a best-of-seven: 15-16 (.484) overall, 9-6 (.600) when starting at home
Leading 3-2 in best-of-seven: 16-2 (.889) overall, 9-0 (1.000) when starting at home
Trailing 3-2 in best-of-seven: 7-19 (.269) overall, 4-7 (.364) when starting at home
Game 5 record in a best-of-seven: 16-13 (.552) overall, 4-8 (.333) on the road
Tied 2-2 in a best-of-seven: 7-6 (.538) overall, 2-4 (.333) when starting on the road
Leading 3-2 in best-of-seven: 8-2 (.800) overall, 3-1 (.750) when starting at home
Trailing 3-2 in best-of-seven: 4-4 (.500) overall, 2-3 (.400 when starting at home
* The Rangers have won each of their past eight home games in the 2022 Stanley Cup Playoffs. With a win in Game 5, they can become the sixth team in NHL history to have a postseason home win streak of at least nine games. The others: the 1988 Oilers (11 GP), 1985 Oilers (10 GP), 2008 Penguins (9 GP), 1997 Red Wings (9 GP) and 1974 Flyers (9 GP).
* Chris Kreider has 34 career playoff goals (all w/ NYR) and needs one more to surpass Rod Gilbert for the most in Rangers franchise history. He can become the first player to take the outright postseason goals lead for an Original Six franchise since 2004, when Steve Yzerman scored in Game 6 of the Conference Quarterfinals to reach 68 career playoff tallies and pass Gordie Howe for sole possession of first place on the Red Wings’ all-time list.
* With a win in Game 5, Igor Shesterkin can become the fifth different goaltender in NHL history to win at least nine straight home games in a single playoff year. He would follow Grant Fuhr (11 GP in 1988 & 10 GP in 1985 w/ EDM), Marc-Andre Fleury (9 GP in 2008 w/ PIT), Mike Vernon (9 GP in 1997 W/ DET) and Bernie Parent (9 GP in 1974 w/ PHI).
* Andrei Vasilevskiy (59-34) is one win away from becoming the 17th goaltender in Stanley Cup Playoffs history to record 60 career victories and only the second active netminder after Marc-Andre Fleury (92-73).
* Nikita Kucherov (21-45—66 in 59 GP) will be skating in his 60th career postseason road game. The only players in Stanley Cup Playoffs history with more points in their first 60 career games as a visitor are Wayne Gretzky (117), Mario Lemieux (78), Doug Gilmour (78), Mark Messier (72) and Jari Kurri (70).
* * *