Game 4 Trends
* Teams that take a 3-0 lead in a best-of-seven hold an all-time series record of 198-4 (.980), including a 2-0 (1.000) mark in the 2022 Stanley Cup Playoffs. The four teams in NHL history to overcome a 3-0 series deficit to win are the 1942 Maple Leafs (SCF), 1975 Islanders (QF), 2010 Flyers (CSF) and 2014 Kings (R1).
* Teams that take a 3-0 lead in a best-of-seven when starting at home hold an all-time series record of 144-3 (.980), including a 1-0 (1.000) mark in the 2022 Stanley Cup Playoffs.
Game 4 record in a best-of-seven: 28-20 (.583) overall, 19-10 (.655) on the road
Leading 3-0 in best-of-seven: 6-0 (1.000) overall, 5-0 (1.000) when starting at home
Leading 3-1 in best-of-seven: 12-2 (.857) overall, 9-2 (.818) when starting at home
Game 4 record in a best-of-seven: 25-22 (.532) overall, 12-14 (.462) at home
Trailing 3-0 in best-of-seven: 0-4 (.000) overall, 0-2 (.000) when starting on the road
Trailing 3-1 in best-of-seven: 2-6 (.250) overall, 1-5 (.167) when starting on the road
* The Avalanche are looking to advance to the Stanley Cup Final for the third time in franchise history after doing so in 1996 and 2001.
* The Avalanche can become the ninth team since 1985 to sweep a Conference Finals/Semifinals series. Of those eight previous instances, three went on to subsequently win the Stanley Cup (CHI in 2010, PIT in 2009 & 1992)
* Colorado looks to become the eighth team since 1987 (when all rounds became best-of-seven) to advance to the Stanely Cup Final with two losses – no team has ever suffered just one en route to a Final berth. The last team to achieve the feat was the 2012 Kings (4-1 vs. VAN in CQF, 4-0 vs. STL in CSF & 4-1 vs. PHX in CF).
* The Avalanche can become the seventh team to win seven or more consecutive road games in a single postseason, joining Los Angeles (10 GP in 2012), Chicago (7 GP in 2010), Colorado (7 GP in 1999), New Jersey (7 GP in 1995) and NY Islanders (7 GP in 1982 & 1980).
* Leon Draisaitl (7-21—28 in 15 GP) can join Connor McDavid (9-21—30 in 15 GP) in reaching 30 points in the 2022 Stanley Cup Playoffs. Only eight sets of teammates in NHL history have each registered 30-plus points in the same postseason, with Brayden Point (14-19—33) and Nikita Kucherov (7-27—34) last accomplishing the feat in 2020 with the Lightning.
* Connor McDavid has collected 2-3—5 in potential elimination games for the Oilers during the 2022 Stanley Cup Playoffs (2 GP) – tied for the most in a single playoff year in franchise history. Five other different skaters have reached the mark previously, with Leon Draisaitl last doing so in 2017 (3-2—5 in 2 GP)
* Mike Smith looks to help Edmonton force a Game 5. He also tended the crease the last time a team avoided a sweep in the Conference Finals, posting a 36-save shutout for the Coyotes in Game 5 of the 2012 Conference Finals against the Kings.
* * *