CANUCKS AT GOLDEN KNIGHTS PREVIEW
TV: Sportsnet Pacific
- Tonight marks the third of four meetings between Vancouver and Vegas this season: Nov. 13 (7-4 L), Apr. 3 (3-2 OTL), Apr. 6 (away), Apr. 12 (home).
- The Canucks have a 2-8-2 all-time record against the Golden Knights, including a 1-5-0 record on the road.
- The Canucks are 2-6-2 in their last 10 games vs Vegas (1-3-1 in their last 5).
- Among active Canucks skaters, Brock Boeser (5-4-9 in 9 GP), Bo Horvat (6-3-9 in 12 GP), and Conor Garland (4-5-9 in 14 GP) lead the team in careerscoring vs Vegas.
- Thatcher Demko has faced the Golden Knights three times in his career (0-1-1), owning an .872 SV% and a 3.93 GAA.
- Jaroslav Halak is undefeated in five career games vs Vegas (5-0-0), posting a career .948 SV% and a 1.77 GAA.
• J.T. Miller has 21 points (8-13-21) in his last 14 games.
• Elias Pettersson has 11 points (5-6-11) in his last 12 games. • Quinn Hughes has 12 points (1-11-12) in his last 15 games. • Bo Horvat has 14 points (10-4-14) in his last 14 games.
LAST 5 vs VEGAS
• Apr. 3/22: VAN 2 vs VGK 3 (OT)
• Nov. 13/21: VAN 4 at VGK 7
• Dec. 19/19: VAN 5 vs VGK 4 (OT) • Dec. 15/19: VAN 3 at VGK 6
• Mar. 9/19: VAN 2 vs VGK 6
• Jack Rathbone recalled under emergency conditions from Abbotsford, Apr. 5
• Will Lockwood recalled under emergency conditions from Abbotsford, Mar. 26
J.T. GOING ON 30
Currently sitting on a career-high 29 goals, J.T. Miller’s next goal would be his 30th this season, making him the 31st Canucks player (64th occasion) to reach the 30-goal mark, and the first since Radim Vrbata (31) in 2014-15.
Prior to his emergency recall on Tuesday, defenceman Jack Rathbone has registered 33 points (8-25-33) in 30 games with the Abbotsford Canucks (AHL) this season, ranking third in points per game (1.10) among all American Hockey League defencemen this season. The 22-year-old blueliner has recorded 10 multi-point games this season, including three such occasions during a current four-game point streak (1-7-8).
JUST LIKE THATCH
Having already registered a career-high in wins (28) this season, Thatcher Demko looks to become the first Canucks netminder since Ryan Miller in 2014-15 to win 29 games in a season during his next start. The last Canucks goaltender to win 30 games in a season was Roberto Luongo (31 W) in 2011-12.
RED HOT HORVAT
Tallying the game-tying goal on the power play on Apr. 3 vs VGK, Bo Horvat matched his career-high for goals in a season (27 – 2018-19) in 17 fewer games (65 GP this season). Horvat now has 10 goals in his last 13 games, including a career-high four-game stretch (4-0-4) from Mar. 20-26.
Netting his team-leading 29th goal of the season on Apr. 3 vs VGK, J.T. Miller became the third-fastest player in franchise history to record 200 points, joining Pavel Bure (174 GP) and Alexander Mogilny (179 GP) as the only other players to reach the milestone in under 200 games. This season, Milller has set career highs in goals (29), assists (52) and points (81).
On Mar. 30 vs St. Louis, Pettersson (2-0-2) recorded his 13th career multi-goal game (fourth this season). Since his League debut in 2018-19, the only Canucks skater with more multi-goal efforts is Bo Horvat (15).
With two goals on Mar. 26 at DAL, Elias Pettersson became the fourth fastest player in Canucks history to hit the 200 point mark with the team: Pavel Bure (174 GP), Patrik Sundstrom (216 GP), Tony Tanti (222 GP), Elias Pettersson (230 GP). Pettersson is also the first player from the 2017 NHL Draft to reach 200 career points.
POWER PLAY PERFORMERS
• Collecting an assist on the man-advantage on Mar. 26 at DAL, J.T. Miller recorded his 33rd power play point of the season (7-26-33), trailing only Connor McDavid (39) and Leon Draisaitl (36) for most PPP in the League.
• Also assisting on the play, Quinn Hughes set a new career-high for PPP in a season (0-27-27), besting his 2019-20 total (3-22-25).
Quinn Hughes has registered a career-high 48 assists so far this season, ranking fourth among all defencemen in Canucks history (Kearns , Lidster , Reinhart ).
HOW DO YOU LIKE THEM APPLES?
J.T. Miller (25-50-75 in 62 GP) recorded 50 assists in a season for the first time in his career on Mar. 24 at MIN. Only three players in franchise history have reached the mark in fewer contests: Henrik Sedin (49 GP in 2010-11, 50 GP in 2009-10, 58 GP in 2011-12 &60 GP in 2007-08), Daniel Sedin (52 GP in 2009-10) and André Boudrias (59 GP in 1974-75).