CANUCKS VS STARS PREVIEW
TV: Sportsnet &Sportsnet ONE
• Tonight marks the third and final meeting between Vancouver and Dallas this season: Nov. 7 (6-3 W), Mar. 26 (4-1 W), Apr. 18 (home).
• The Canucks have a 77-87-22-9 all-time record against the Stars, including a 44-39-10-4 record at home.
• The Canucks are 6-3-1 in their last 10 games vs Dallas (3-2-0 in their last 5).
• Among active Canucks skaters, Tyler Myers leads the team in career scoring vs Dallas with 15 points (6-9-15) in 27 games.
• Jaroslav Halak has faced the Stars 13 times in his career (5-7-1), posting a .888 SV% and a 3.19 GAA.
• Thatcher Demko has faced Dallas twice in his career (2-0-0), owning a .938 SV% and a 2.00 GAA.
• J.T. Miller has 18 points (5-13-18) in his last 12 games.
• Bo Horvat has 12 points (9-3-12) in his last 12 games.
• Elias Pettersson has 18 points (9-9-18) in his last 13 games.
• Alex Chiasson has 10 points (6-4-10) in his last seven games and is currently on a five-game point streak.
• Conor Garland has eight points (2-6-8) in his last seven games and is currently on a five-game point streak.
• Quinn Hughes has five points (1-4-5) in his last two games.
• Vasily Podkolzin has six points (3-3-6) in his last four games.
LAST MEETING – MAR. 26/22: VAN 4 at DAL 1
Elias Pettersson opened up scoring for Canucks with a power play goal at 15:25 in the second period…Quinn Hughes and J.T. Miller recorded assists on the play…Pettersson followed up with a second goal at 1:15 in the third period, marking his 200th career NHL point…Oliver Ekman-Larsson collected the assist…Bo Horvat scored an empty-netter unassisted at the 18:54 mark…J.T. Miller (1-1-2) scored the final goal of the night assisted by Luke Schenn and Conor Garland…Horvat and Miller extended their goal streaks to four games…J.T. Miller led the game in shots (6)…Luke Schenn led in hits (5)…Tyler Myers led in TOI (25:01)…Thatcher Demko made 35 saves.
LAST GAME PLAYED – APR. 14/22: VAN 7 vs ARI 1
Alex Chiasson (2-0-2) scored the first and final goals of the game extending his point streak to five games…J.T. Miller recorded assists on both goals and three others to set career highs in assists (5) and points (5)…Miller is the 5th player in Canucks history with a 5-assist game…Sheldon Dries scored his first goal as a Canuck on the power play to collect the game winner…Vasily Podkolzin (2-1-3) set career highs in both goals (2) and points (3)…Elias Pettersson (1-0-1) scored a power play goal…Conor Garland (1-0-1) also registered a goal extending his point streak to five games…Quinn Hughes recorded his 10th career three-assist game, the most by a Canucks defenceman in franchise history…Oliver Ekman-Larsson (0-1-1), Tyler Myers (0-1-1) and Brad Hunt (0-1-1) also made the score sheet with an assist each…Luke Schenn and William Lockwood co-led in hits…Brad Hunt led the game in blocked shots (4)…Elias Pettersson led the team in TOI (22:09)…Thatcher Demko made 21 saves.
LAST 5 vs DALLAS
• Mar. 26/22: VAN 4 at DAL 1
• Nov. 7/21: VAN 6 vs DAL 3
• Nov. 19/19: VAN 1 at DAL 6
• Nov. 14/19: VAN 2 vs DAL 4
• Mar. 30/19: VAN 3 vs DAL 2 (SO)
• Jack Rathbone reassigned to Abbotsford and Sheldon Dries recalled under emergency conditions, Apr. 7
On Apr. 14/22 vs ARI J.T. Miller set career highs in both assists (5) and points (5) in a game. Miller is the 5th player in Canucks history with a 5-assist game and ties three others for the 2nd highest total. Most single game assists in Canucks franchise history: 6- Patrik Sundstrom (Feb 29, 1984 vs PIT) 5- J.T. Miller (Apr. 14, 2022 vs ARI) 5- Barry Pederson (Jan 26, 1988 vs STL) 5- Jeff Brown (Feb 20, 1995 vs LAK) 5- Markus Naslund (Feb 25, 2003 vs ATL).
Surpassing the 90-point mark while helping set up all but 2 of his team’s goals in a 7-1 crushing of the Coyotes on Apr. 14/22 night, J.T. Miller (29- 60-89) became the fourth different Canucks player to record 60 assists in a season and the first since Henrik Sedin (67) in 2011-12.
QUINN FOR THE WIN
On Apr. 14/22 Hughes (0-3-3) recorded his 10th career three-assist game and surpassed Dennis Kearns (9x) for the most by a Canucks defenseman. Seven players in franchise history have more than Hughes.
Quinn Hughes (6-50-56 in 69 GP) became the third defenceman in Canucks history to record 50 assists in a season, joining David Kearns (55 in 1976-77), Doug Lidster (51 in 1986-87) and Paul Reinhart (50 in 1988-89).
Collecting two goals on Apr. 14 vs ARI, Alex Chiasson extended his point streak to five games tying his career-high. Collecting two points (1-1-2) on Apr. 9 vs SJS, Alex Chiasson registered his consecutive multi-point games (2-1-3 on Apr. 7 at ARI) for the first time in his career.
On Apr. 12 vs VGK, Thatcher Demko passed Ryan Miller for seventh-most wins (65) by a Canucks goaltender in 19 fewer games played. On Apr. 9 vs SJS, Demko became the first Canucks goaltender since Roberto Luongo (31 W) in 2011-12 and sixth ever to win 30 games in a season.
Bo Horvat scored twice (2-1-3) on Apr. 7 at ARI to record his first career 30-goal campaign and became the first Canucks player to reach the mark in a season since Radim Vrbata in 2014-15 (31). With a career-high 29 goals so far this season, J.T. Miller looks to join Bo Horvat (31) as the second Canuck to reach 30 goals. The last time multiple Canucks recorded 30+ goals in a single season was 2010-11 when Daniel Sedin and Ryan Kesler each scored 41.