* COACHING STAFF: The Capitals added Emily Engel-Natzke as video coach, making her the first woman to hold a full-time position on an NHL coaching staff. At the AHL level, Jessica Campbell was named assistant coach of the Coachella Valley Firebirds for their upcoming inaugural season, making her the first woman behind a bench full-time in the AHL.
* MORE WOMEN IN HOCKEY OPERATIONS THAN EVER BEFORE: This season will feature an esteemed group of more than 100 women across the NHL, working in hockey operations, player scouting and development, player health and safety, and analyst roles.
* FIVE ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGERS: The 2022-23 campaign will feature five female assistant general managers. Emilie Castonguay and Hockey Hall of Famer Cammi Granato were hired by the Canucks at the beginning of 2022, becoming the first women to hold the prominent role. Three women were appointed during the off-season: Meghan Hunter (CHI), Dr. Hayley Wickenheiser (TOR) and Kate Madigan (NJD).
* PROFESSIONAL SCOUTING ROLES: Cammi Granato joined the Canucks after serving as a scout for the Kraken for the past three seasons. After she was named the first-ever professional female scout in September 2019, several women followed in her footsteps including Meghan Hunter, now AGM with the Blackhawks, Blake Bolden (LAK), Brigette Lacquette (CHI), Gabrielle Switaj (ANA) and Krissy Wendell-Pohl (PIT).
* PLAYER DEVELOPMENT: Danielle Marmer (BOS) and Marie-Philip Poulin (MTL) were hired this past off-season in player development roles and will join three other women who currently hold similar positions: Kendall Coyne Schofield was hired as a player development coach by the Blackhawks in 2020; Meghan Duggan is the Devils’ director of player development, hired in 2021; and Danielle Goyette, who was hired by the Maple Leafs as director of player development in 2021 and was also the first female assistant coach for an ECHL game.
* FEMALE OFFICIALS: With support from the NHL Officiating Department, more than 45 female participants have been invited to the NHL Exposure Combine. In collaboration with the AHL Officiating staff, the NHL has helped place female officials in the AHL, including 10 in 2021-22, the most ever in hockey history.
For More HIT HERE