By Andrew Phillip Chernoff CanucksBanter
March 25, 2023
Vancouver Canucks (32-34-5), 6th in the Pacific Division) vs. Dallas Stars (38-19-14), 1rst in the Central Division)
Dallas, Texas; Saturday, 4 p.m. PDT
OnThe Road Again
Vancouver begins a 3-game road trip against the Stars; visiting Chicago tomorrow, March 26; and finally, St. Louis, March 28.
The Canucks can reach .500 on the road this season with a win over Dallas today.
Teams Looking To Extend Win Streaks
The Vancouver Canucks face the top-ranked team in the Central Division, the Dallas Stars.
Dallas are 18-9-9 at home, with a regulation win last game; Canucks are 15-16-4 on the road, with a 2-game win streak.
The Canucks have a 6-28-4 record in games they score three or less goals; a 26-6-2 record in games they score 4-plus goals.
Vancouver has a 22-14-3 record in Western Conference play; 8-8-3 against the Central Division. The Canucks have allowed 262 goals while scoring 238 for a -24 scoring differential.
Dallas is 24-12-6 in Western Conference play; 11-9-2 against the Pacific Division. The Stars have a +49 scoring differential, with 247 total goals scored and 198 conceded.
Saturday’s game is the third meeting between these teams this season. The Canucks won 5-4 in overtime in the last meeting.
Players To Watch
Jason Robertson has 41 goals and 48 assists for the Stars. Wyatt Johnston has scored seven goals with one assist over the past 10 games.
J.T. Miller has 28 goals and 41 assists for the Canucks. Quinn Hughes has 11 assists over the last 10 games. Elias Pettersson has 33 goals and 57 assists over his 69 games this season.
LAST 10 GAMES:
Stars: 6-3-1, averaging 4.6 goals, 8.2 assists, 2.6 penalties and 5.4 penalty minutes while giving up 3.7 goals per game.
Canucks: 8-2-0, averaging 3.6 goals, 6.3 assists, 3.3 penalties and 7.5 penalty minutes while giving up 2.2 goals per game.
Canucks – Stars NHL Rankings
- Elias Pettersson is on a career-high 10-game point-streak and has 14 points (5-9-14) in those games.
- J.T. Miller has 17 points (9-8-17) in his last 10 games. 9 points (4+5=9) in the last 4 games
- Quinn Hughes has 14 points (0-14-14) in his last 12 games. 7 points (0+7=7) the last 4 games.
- Andrei Kuzmenko has nine points (7-2-9) in his last 10 games.
- Conor Garland has six points (1-5-6) in his last 7 games.
- Phillip Di Giuseppe has three points (2+1=3 in his last 2 games
Thatcher Demko Playing Like An All-Star
Since his return from injury, Demko has 7 wins in 10 games, a .918 SV% (save percentage), and a GAA (goals against average) of 2.40.
LAST 5 vs DALLAS
- Mar. 14/23: VAN 5 vs DAL 2
- Feb. 27/23: VAN 5 at DAL 4 (OT)
- Apr. 18/22: VAN 6 vs DAL 2
- Mar. 26/22: VAN 4 at DAL 1
- Nov. 7/21: VAN 6 vs DAL 3
Stars: Tyler Seguin: out (lower body), Mason Marchment: out (lower body), Scott Wedgewood: day to day (undisclosed).
Canucks: Filip Hronek: out (upper-body), Oliver Ekman-Larsson: out (lower body), Noah Juulsen: day to day (lower body), Ilya Mikheyev: out for season (knee), Tanner Pearson: out for season (hand), Travis Dermott: out (undisclosed), Tucker Poolman: out (undisclosed).