By Andrew Phillip Chernoff CanucksBanter
March 19, 2023
Vancouver Canucks (30-33-5), 6th in the Pacific Division) vs Anaheim Ducks (23-36-10), 7th in the Pacific Division).
Anaheim, California; Sunday, 5 p.m. PDT
Vancouver concludes a three game road trip in Anaheim tonight, after the Canucks knocked off the Los Angeles Kings 3-2 in a shootout Saturday night.
Canucks Last Game
- Canucks got back to winning, handing the LA Kings a 3-2 SO loss.
- Brock Boeser scored in the opening period to make it 1-0 for the Canucks
- Elias Pettersson scored a power play goal late in the game to put Vancouver up 2-1.
- Quinn Hughes and J.T. Miller had two assists each.
- J.T. Miller capped off his game with the winning shot in the shootout.
- Thatcher Demko was in All-Star form, stopping 38 of 40 shots for a .950 SV% (Save Percentage).
- Canucks are 5-1-0 in their last 6-games; 8-3-0 in last 11-games.
- They are 5-8-2 in 15-road games in 2023.
- Vancouver has a 14-16-4 record in road games, with a 1-game win streak.
- The Canucks sport a 25-6-2 record in games they score 4+ goals.
- Vancouver is 4-27-3 when they score 3-goals or less.
- They are 17-11-3 when they score first.
- The Canucks have given up 255 goals while scoring 231 for a -24 scoring differential.
- Quinn Hughes recorded his 227th career point against the Kings tieing Rick Lanz for ninth most by a Canucks defenseman.
- Thatcher Demko made his third career penalty-shot save against LA and became the seventh active goaltender with a perfect penalty shot record (min. 3 shots against).
- Ducks are 2-1-2 in their last 5-games; 5-2-3 in the last 10-games.
- Anaheim is 12-17-3 at home, with a 1-game win streak.
- The Ducks have given up 281 goals while scoring 182 for a -99 scoring differential.
- Anaheim is 9-9-2 when they score first.
Canucks Vs Kings Comparisons
- Elias Pettersson has 10 points (4-6-10) in his last seven games.
- Quinn Hughes has 18 points (0-18-18) in his last 18 games.
- Andrei Kuzmenko has 17 points (12-5-17) in his last 15 games.
- J.T. Miller has 10 points (5-5-10) in his last seven games.
- Brock Boeser has eight points (2-6-8) in his last eight games.
Thatcher Demko Playing Like An All-Star
Since his return from injury, Demko has 6 wins in 8 games, a .927 SV% (save percentage), and a GAA (goals against average) of 2.24.
The defense and goaltending have both been a disaster for the Ducks this season. They rank last in goals against per game and last in shots against per game. The offense has been playing well for the Canucks. Vancouver ranks 11th in goals per game and they scored four or more goals in five of the last nine games. Elias Pettersson leads the Canucks with 86 points on the season. Pettersson is eighth in the league in points. Vancouver will score on Anaheim and the over will hit.Source: statsalt.com